Call for Proposals
Second Call for Proposals
GEOLAB provides a comprehensive suite of 11 complementary installations equipping the users from academia and industry with renowned tools for excellent research for the energy, water, urban and transport infrastructure sector.
The installations were specifically selected to ensure a wide range of capabilities to address problems across experiment scales, disciplinary boundaries and Technology Readiness Levels (TRL).
The research infrastructure installations are used to study the following:
- Ground stability related issues, e.g. consolidation, seepage, liquefaction, (coastal) erosion and slope stability.
- Water-soil-structure interaction, e.g. for roads, railways, tunnels, bridges, dams, foundations, buildings and buried cables & pipelines.
- Interaction of infrastructure systems with the environment, e.g. impact of climate change, extreme weather events, geo-hazards, static & dynamic loading and aging.
- The deadline for proposals is October 16th, 2022, 23.59 CET. Proposals received after this time cannot be considered.
- Proposals are reviewed by a group of independent experts (the User Selection Panel), of which the outcome is expected in January 15th, 2023.
GEOLAB second call for proposals for Transnational Access
Technical background - Critical Infrastructure; Research & Innovation
Inventory of facilities, technical specifications and experiment portfolio
Summary of Rules and Conditions for Transnational Access
Please note that the European Research Executive Agency (REA) prohibits any direct or indirect support, including financing, to legal person, entity or body established in Russia. No access to the GEOLAB research infrastructure may be provided to Russian researchers included in the sanctions list or to researchers affiliated to Russian public entities. Related cost are no longer eligible for funding.