Early Stage Researcher (ESR) Internship Program - Applications Closed.
The applications for GEOLAB’s first Early Stage Researcher (ESR) Internship Program are now open!
GEOLAB will fund 15 researchers (including travel and subsistence) for a 2-week placement at one of the project’s research facilities in the field of subsoil behaviour and interaction with structures and the environment.
The ESR Internship Program grants the opportunity to researchers to gain significant experiences and have access to unique networking opportunities through their stay at one of GEOLAB project’s facilities. Researchers will gain valuable new skills during their experiment programs (Transnational Access Projects). This will ensure a better understanding of the ins and outs of the GEOLAB installations throughout Europe.
What the Early Stage Researchers Internship offers:
- A maximum of 15 people will be selected to participate in the ESR Internships program. Eight people will be selected before the end of 2022 and the seven remaining candidates will be selected the following year.
- Applicants can choose the facility they are interested in working at during. the internship program.
- Funding for Travel and Subsistence will be covered by the GEOLAB project.
Selection criteria for ESR Internships:
- Background in geotechnical design, analysis, maintenance or operation of critical infrastructure is required.
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply (it is envisioned to have 50% female participation).
- Eligible participants must come from an institution located within the European community (Horizon 2020) and the following associated states (Albania, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Faroe Island, Iceland, Israel, Moldova, Montenegro, Norway, Serbia, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom).
The deadline for applications was the 1st May 2022.
For more information please refer to the ESR Internship Program Guidelines on the GEOLAB website.