GEOLAB & Industry
During Transnational Access (TA), users outside the consortium gain access to the GEOLAB installations to perform research and innovation. The scientific research community will use the innovative capabilities of GEOLAB to perform ground-breaking experiments. For CI managers and policy makers, the activities will result in a more comprehensive understanding of the challenges facing CI and evidence to base decision making upon. The construction industry will use GEOLAB to proof innovative solutions for the CI and so gain more leadership in the industrial and enabling technologies.
GEOLAB and Industry
Text and images to be provided later
GEOLAB & SMEs
GEOLAB will interact closely with Small and Medium-sized Enterprises that develop user-friendly engineering software from numerical modelling advances which are validated in the TA projects. We will explicitly challenge SMEs on sensing, new materials and other niches for innovative solutions, which will have spinoff in other fields of application, contributing to the competitiveness of Europe.
Networking Activities are another core element of GEOLAB, culminating in workshops and other outreach events that foster a digital and In Real Life community, thereby providing a productive channel to communicate with different stakeholder groups.
Zurich Innovation Workshop 2022
GEOLAB organised its second hybrid Networking Event on the 15th and 16th of November 2022 in collaboration with European Large Geotechnical Institutes Platform (ELGIP) at ETH Zurich, Switzerland.
Dedicated innovation workshops were held on the 16th of November, the presentations of which can be viewed below.
Madrid Workshop 2021
GEOLAB organised its first hybrid Networking Event on December 1st, 2021 with physical attendance at CEDEX (CETA Building), Madrid, Spain.
Dedicated innovative workshops were delivered by the University of Cambridge, TU Delft, ETH Zurich, Deltares, CEDEX, NGI, Technical University of Darmstadt, University Gustave Eiffel and the University of Maribor. The videos of these presentations can be seen below.
1. Introduction JRA and development of the GEOLAB user community - Dr. Sam Stanier.
2. GEOLAB's experimental challenges and technology readiness - Dr. Alexandru Marin
3. Data management and access in GEOLAB - Dr. Primoz Jelusic
4. The centrifuge small medium scale - Prof. Giulia Viggiani
5. The centrifuge small medium scale - Mr. Arjen Zoeteman
6. The centrifuge small medium scale - Dr. Luc Thorel and Dr. Matthieu Blanc
7. The centrifuge small medium scale - Mr. Regis Wallerand
8. The centrifuge small medium scale - Dr. Luc Thorel
9. The railway track simulator full scale - Dr. Jose Estaire
10. The railway track simulator full scale - Mr. Carlos Hermosilla
11. The field test sites full scale - Dr. Jean Sebastien L'Heureux
12. The field test sites full scale - Mr. Diego Marchetti
13. Fundamentals of Physical modelling, scaling laws, measurement techniques - Prof. Anastasopoulos